Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Le Tigre and I are in love

So can I just take a minute to gush about my new bike?

Le Tigre (yes, that is my bike's name) is a thing of beauty. It's got a carbon fibre and aluminium frame that weighs less than most urban racoons. It can go super fast and it has a loud and obnoxious bell that I use on drivers who cut me off. It even has a place where you can screw in a rack so that you can take it touring! Le Tigre outperforms Blue Steel (my other bike) in every way except on hills, which is a little weird but whatever. Love conquers all, even hills.

I've continued to train since my last post and I'm developing a cyclist's physique, which is basically as close to a T-Rex as people can get (powerful legs, vestigial arms). What I haven't been able to train for are the exact circumstances of my departure on July 24th. You see, my friend Natalie is getting married on July 23rd, and I'm in the bridal party. Bridal party membership comes with sacred responsibilities, including toasting with champagne. So the morning of my departure could be a bit... sloppy. Luckily this coming weekend I'm going to another dear friend's wedding in Ajax, so I can do a dry run. I'm going to cycle to the wedding on Saturday with all my clothes and make up in my backpack, have a great time at the wedding, and then cycle 70 km with my bike team the next day. Wish me luck!

P.S. The saddle anesthesia is totally gone, which is good, but also bad because now I feel the pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment